- USE YOUR RESOURCES! From your syllabus:
UMW Writing Center
The UMW Writing Center offers assistance on all types of writing projects. If you are an online or commuter student, you can schedule online or face-to-face appointments. Please ensure you are choosing the appropriate appointment type and date.
Office Location: Hurley Convergence Center (HCC), Room 430
- Reminder about assessment on essays 2 and 3: because the turn-around time is nearly impossible for me, I will be relying heavily on the grading rubric to carry the feedback. If you want more detail or explanation, of course ask and I will be glad to provide it!
- Hint for your final project:
- for artifacts from the Whitman archive: Click on the image of the original publication/book for the page(s) you want. When it opens full size, you can right click to save it, then upload that image to VoiceThread easily.
- for artifact from the Dickinson archive: If you want to use the scriptural image, you can right click it and save just as with Whitman pages. If you want text also, as I have generally done on VoiceThread, you will need to screenshot/edit when you have the text tab open to get both or to focus on just text. (You can drag the scriptural image closer to the text to keep it contact.) If you use Firefox, there is a new screenshot option in the browser (choose Page Options, the three dots up in the url bar). There are also free screen shot apps or you can search to see how to capture the screen on your own computer.
- What is most important to me is your commentary. If capturing archive images is becoming a major stressor while you complete your final project, then just copy the text you want and paste it into a word doc to upload (pdf sometimes works better if you want to save as pdf). This eliminates the possibility of manuscript images, but needs must.